The BEST MAC & CHEESE EVER!!!! No bubble. No pressure. Everything gets tossed right in. Indeed, even the uncooked noodles!!!
- 1 pound medium elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated American cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Place macaroni, 1 cup cheddar, American cheddar, cream cheddar and Parmesan into a 4-qt slow cooker.
Mix in milk, dissipated milk, Dijon, paprika and onion powder, ensuring the macaroni is lowered however much as could be expected; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low intensity for an hour and a half to 2 hours and 30 minutes, mixing consistently until delicate and creamy.* Uncover and mix in leftover 1 cup cheddar until dissolved, around 2-3 minutes. On the off chance that the combination is excessively thick, add more milk on a case by case basis.
Serve right away, decorated with chives, whenever wanted.
*A pristine 4-qt Crock-Pot was utilized for numerous recipe testing. Results and time can shift by brand, size and life span of your sluggish cooker.